Friday, January 16, 2009

Heck, go right now. I'll pay for your ticket.

Guy #1: What did you think of Beijing?
Girl: Well...I'm glad I went but sometimes it was hard to live there. It's really smoky and...
Guy #1: Polluted?
Girl: Yeah.
Guy #2: (looking up from newspaper) Pshaw!
Girl: Uhh?
Guy #2: If your only impression of Beijing was that it was smoky and polluted, I feel like...you must not have seen it. It has incredible avant-garde art centers - and the dance clubs - the dance club scene in Shanghai is pretty good but the one in Beijing is much better. And it's so rebellious - I went to this art gallery, and there was a picture of, like, sheep...I mean, sheep in
Tiananmen Square. I can't tell you how rebellious that is - that's like, really rebellious.
Girl: Oh.
Guy #2: Did you take the subway?
Girl: Is there much of a subway? I couldn't -
Guy #2: (laughs) Did you just hear that? There's the problem. I asked her if she took the subway and she says, There's a subway?
Guy #1: Right, ha.
Guy #2: Is there a subway, wow. Wow. I loved it. I'm going back there next
year, for a whole year.
Girl: Have fun with that.

--Dean's Office